"If you want to be a creative person, then you’re gonna have to be creative in how you put your career together. There isn’t a path. Part of the creativity is making your path."
To realize your potential, 'dare to be different'
Alec Soth on creating a career in photography, and how he pays the rent today. Read our full interview here. (via nedhepburn)
*Actually a very good interview for anyone brand new enough to be interested in such advice on tumblr.
Five questions to help you discover your differentiation this year:
1. What are the activities I perform that are truly different from those others perform?
2. What are the similar activities I perform in different ways than others do?
3. What characteristics or traits do I have that are unique to me?
4. What resources do I have that are different from those of others?
5. What is the primary differentiated value I bring to people in my life?